Acupuncture and moxibusion are important component procedures in traditional Chinese medicine for treatment widely used in China for thousands of years and all over the world now at the era of holistic medicine. WHO had advocated acupuncture for alternative treatment for many kinds of diseases.
Balavi by Dr.Banchob and Dr.Lalita was one of the institutes which brought acupuncture to Thailand, to be one important mode of treatment in modern medicine. As a first group of doctors who visited China, graduated from the Institute of Traditional Medicine, Dongzhimen, Beijing, 30 years ago they started a clinic treating disease by the “non drug approach” which was the foundation of Balavi Natural Medicine Center nowadays.
3 decades of experiences we find that acupuncture had effectiveness in treating 5 groups of diseases:
- neuromuscular diseases: hemiplegia, fibromyalgia, osteo-arthritis, Bel-palsy
- pain control: magraine, tension headache, trigeminal neuralgia, sciatica, cancer pain
- allergy: allergic rhinitis, asthma, urticaria, rheumatoid, SLE
- gastro intestinal problem: gastritis, esophageal reflux, peptic ulcer, constipation, irritable bowel
- psycho physiologic disorder: sleeplessness and related diseases
Acupuncture and be combined with many other alternative medicines like homeopathy, vitamin therapy, physical therapy etc.